Tuesday, August 28, 2007
I have just begun my second round of placements. This time around I will be teaching adults instead of year 7 and 8s and the thought of that is a bit overwhelming. I am under the impression that this will be a very rewarding experience but a very different one from the experience I had teaching in high school. I have heard that there is virtually no problems with classroom management which was a challenge during my last teaching rounds. A challenge which I found took up a great deal of class time. I have since heard from different people that something like 30% of class time is wasted with discipline and time wasting. However I am convinced that this is neither a good thing nor a bad one as now I will have the full attention of the class when I ask for it and this is a little nerve racking as I need to be very prepared and have back ups in place to combat boredom and have enough relevant content to fill in the alloted time. As I have not begun teaching yet I will post more when I have experienced more first hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment