Thursday, April 26, 2007

Week 1 & 2

I've been in placements for two weeks now and I thought that it was probably way beyond time to write another post.

The experiences I have had so far have been very interesting. I would not say that I have been wholly surprised by the experience but it has been a steep learning curve. My first lesson in week one was on something that I was not really confident that it was in my subject areas but I figured that it was all part of being a teacher and from day one I had convinced myself that I was going to be flexible and just "go with the flow". It seems I've been doing a lot of this lately.

I've yet to actually teach something in my subject area but it seems that most of my feedback has been that I need to work on classroom management. I've found that it's sometimes difficult to pinpoint how exactly to improve in this area but I think that it all comes with confidence.

No comments: