Coming to the end of my second teaching placement, I maintain that the most important part of teaching is to have a good rapport/relationship with your students. Not only will they behave for you but they will respect you and it will make your job a lot easier. If there is no trust then it makes your job in engaging students a lot more difficult.
I can see the benefit of teaching placements in a diped and I cannot see how it can be avoided because I think it's essential to get practical experience. However, the time it takes to settle into a new environment is barely enough to get to know the students you will be teaching and for them to feel comfortable with you in the classroom, teaching them. You are in and out and it becomes difficult to build a routine. This is one aspect of teaching that will be only heightened once you have your own class and time to build on those relationships.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment